Technology is defined as “the use of scientific knowledge to solve practical problems.” This is demonstrated by our ongoing pursuit; developing high quality and innovative solutions for industrial applications. Here you can learn more about the technologies that we are bringing to the factory automation industry.
- 20 Years of Industrial RFID with Pepperl+Fuchs
- Pepperl+Fuchs customers have been using identification technology to optimize their manufacturing processes for two decades. What started with a proprietary RFID system in the LF range for tool identification at CNC machines has evolved into one of the broadest RFID product portfolios on the market...
- Exotic Ultrasonic Sensors Become a Standard Product
- Industrial ultrasonic sensors for production automation have been available for about 30 years. These large, expensive devices were originally deployed only in special application areas, but today can be found in almost every area of factory automation. As ultrasonic sensors evolved, they became significantly more compact, powerful and less expensive – and this development is far from complete. They promise to open up a whole new range of applications.
- The Future Belongs to IO-Link
- Sensors are continuously evolving with more functionality and intelligence. However, the interface connection to the higher-level control technology has remained unchanged. By collaborating with other companies, Pepperl+Fuchs has set out to create a new standard: IO-Link technology, which opens up new opportunities. In addition to process data, (digital signals or analog measured values) parameter, and diagnostic information can now also be transmitted to and from the sensor via a standardized sensor cable.
- Sensing by Ranging - the Future of the Photoelectric Sensor
- Pepperl+Fuchs is presenting a range of innovative new products under the motto “Sensing by Ranging”.
The only way to reliably measure the distance to an object where the reflection characteristics are constantly changing is by direct measurement. Find out more about distance sensor VDM28 with Pulse Ranging Technology as a direct measuring method, measuring photoelectric sensor RL31-8-H and the laser light sensor
LineRunner 300(LR300), all of which use sensing by ranging.
- Distance Measurement with Pulse Ranging Technology (PRT)
- Pepperl+Fuchs engineers have redeveloped optical distance measurement sensors with Pulse Ranging Technology (PRT). For the first time, PRT can be used in industrial sensors of small sizes for a wide range of commercial applications. Unlike indirect processes such as phase correlation and analog chip-based processes, the time of flight is measured directly. The first distance measurement sensors with pulse ranging technology available to the market boast outstanding performance data that clearly demonstrate the superior nature of the process.