Unmatched versatility in hazardous areas
Ex rotary encoder, flexible in hazardous areas
With the increasing demand for oil, offshore drilling sites from Mexico to the Arctic face severe weather conditions and the constant risk of explosion. The rugged family of 78E series Ex rotary encoders from Pepperl+Fuchs is designed especially for the most challenging applications. Unlike other rotary encoders, the 78E series allows for customer specific cabling so the encoder can be installed at the required location; and the installation cable can be field installed to match the connection requirements: length, routing, and material type. A unique cover protects the wiring terminals and the DIP switches that enable easy setup and parameterization.
The tougher the application, the more you need the 78E series from Pepperl+Fuchs.
Highlights at a glance
- Removable cover: cover enables easy access to DIP switches and wiring terminals
- Easy installation and maintenance; separate cable enables flexible installation and choice of cable type and length
- ATEX and IECEx for worldwide usage
- Versions available for virtually any application requirement
- Specially designed for extreme offshore applications
- Robust design for long life